Saturday 29 September 2012

Music this week

Here is a small selection of the music I have been listening to this week.

Thunderclap Newton, Something in the Air. Why: I was thinking about my late teens, when I watched the film Almost Famous. A film about a teenage boy who fools Rolling Stone Magazine into letting him accompany an 'up and coming' rock band on a tour in 1973.
I loved the film so much that I bought the soundtrack as well. Songs include Feel Flows by The Beach Boys, I'm waiting for the Man, David Bowie's version and Elton John's Tiny Dancer.  I haven't seen the film for a while as my copy was on VHS and it some how moved off my shelf and into my brother's room, as did the soundtrack.  Something that is to be expected when your younger brother is a sound and video student.


Another song tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment